We have all done it! A plan for a new you and new routine in a new year… And then life happens! Life can get busy for us all and the new year is a perfect time to connect with new intentions for you and your self care routine.
Why do people lose their commitment to NY resolutions
1. Unrealistic expectations of progress- many of us come with years of aches/pains and even weight loss goals. We want immediate results. But, when dysfunction takes years to develop it doesn’t often resolve in a week or two or even a month. The older we get the slower the change.
2. Lack of a specific plan for progress- Many people choose a type of exercise- like pilates, yoga or HIIT. The truth is that your body needs diversity and a progression within that plan to create change.
3. Choosing a starting point that does not meet your physical needs- many of my clients have tried yoga or pilates to tackle aches and pains but what their body really needs is a chance to develop a stable baseline before taking on an exercise routine.
4. Lack of feedback- 95% of even my fittest clients come in and learn about how to make their workouts more efficient. Yes, even trainers and instructors learn! Getting deep feedback about how to use your body to best achieve your goals is a lifetime skill my clients take with them forever.
5. Lack of challenge- Women in over the age of 35 should start building up their system to prepare for the changes in your body that happen during perimenopause and menopause. Lifting the same 5# weights over and over just isn’t enough. But, pushing to exhaustion isn’t helpful either.
**BONUS REASON- you have underlying nervous system or metabolic issues that are holding your body in paralysis. IE- hormone disregulation, blood sugar disregulation, stress response overload that keeps your body in a state of fight or flight.
Working with someone who can provide expertise and accountability can change everything when it comes to the success of your 2023 Wellness Plan!
I help all of my clients to reach their goals more efficiently and completely without the worry of what step comes next or how to navigate their next best plan of action. I specialize in helping women who have old injuries they need to work around, aches and pains that have limited their progress in the past and women who feel like they are missing that last step to feeling their best.
Sound like you? Send me an email and we can set up a time to chat! Don't let more time pass before you make some changes that last!
Is a mom of two, life long exercise & nutrition enthusiast, women's health specialist & physical therapist.